When I was growing up there were always a few things that were constant. The sun rose in the east, 1+1=2, and there would be iced tea in the fridge. That's a tradition that continues in my house today. There is really nothing more refreshing than a tall glass of iced tea. So, we've taken that concept and added a couple little twists.
First, we dropped the traditional processed sugar and sweeten this up with some Crigger Farm honey instead. We've also added an herbal punch by combining chamomile and spearmint or chai (I prefer spearmint in the summer and chai in the winter). The great thing about this recipe is that it can easily be adjusted to your own personal taste. If you're not a fan of chamomile then replace it with something that appeals to you like earl gray or jasmine green tea.
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Add your comments and pics below. We would love to hear from you!
1 gallon water
6 chamomile tea bags
1 spearmint tea bag (or chai if you prefer)
1 teaspoon lime juice (or lemon if you prefer)
2 cups Crigger Farm honey (adjusted to your taste)
1. Place the chamomile tea in a pot with the water and heat to boiling
2. Once boiling, turn off heat and add the spearmint tea bag
3. Let steep for 1 - 2 minutes
4. Remove the spearmint tea bag but leave the chamomile tea bags to continue to steep
5. Let the chamomile tea steep for another 5 minutes
6. Remove the remaining tea bags and stir in the lime juice and honey
7. Refrigerate until chilled and serve